What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow's feet become more apparent. The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity and lifestyle.
What can dermal fillers do?
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Reconstruct contour deformities in the face
- Decrease or remove the shadow of the lower lids
What types of dermal fillers do you offer?
- Juvaderm Ultra
- Juvaderm Ultra Plus
- Restylane Silk
- Restylane Lyft
How should I prepare for my dermal filler injection?
- If you have a history of cold sores, please inform your provider prior to treatment. The doctor will need to write a prescription to pre-treat to eliminate the chances of you developing a cold sore post treatment.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications 10-14 days prior to treatment. Medications such as: Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil Supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages 1 week prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising).
- Schedule your appointment at least 1-2 weeks prior to a special, such as a wedding or a vacation due to risk of bruising and swelling post treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 48 hours in advance if you have a severe rash, cold sore or blemish in the treatment area.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink, before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- Consider taking Arnica tablets 1 week prior to injections to prevent bruising (Usage: Dispense 5 pellets under your tongue 3 times a day).
How is the treatment performed?
Dermal filler is injected into the skin in a quick and simple procedure using a fine gauge needle.
What can I/can I not do after my injection?
- Avoid laser treatments directly over or above Hyaluronic Acid fillers for 4-6 weeks after injection.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid massaging/manipulating the treated area for 24 hours following treatment (unless instructed by your provider).
- Do NOT consume excess amounts of alcohol or sodium to avoid excess swelling.
- If you have swelling, you may apply a cool compress for 5-10 minutes each hour (5 mins over eyes) and take Tylenol to ease any discomfort.
- We recommend sleeping on your back and slightly elevated, if you experience swelling.
- Avoid dental work 1-2 weeks after filler injections.
How soon can I expect results?
The results are immediate upon injection.
How much will my treatment cost?
The cost of dermal fillers depends on the type used. We will provide you with this information at the time of your consultation.