What is Micro-needling?
Micro-needling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that helps to minimize the signs of aging, improve the appearance of acne scars, and rejuvenate aging skin.
What are the benefits of Micro-needling?
Our skin must produce collagen in order to heal. We do this at the cellular level with Micro-needling. In return, collagen builds up to smooth and plump the skin and result in:
- Skin tightening, lifting, and rejuvenation
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Only treatment to significantly improve stretch marks
- Minimizes pore size
- Improves surgical and acne scars
How should I prepare for my treatment?
✓ No Auto-immune therapies or products for 12 hours prior to treatment
✓ No Retin-A products or applications for 12 hours prior to treatment.
✓ No prolonged sun exposure or sun burns to the treatment area 24 hours prior to treatment.
✓ Skin should be clean and make-up free. If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, evaluate on a case by case basis.
How does Micro-needling work?
Micro-needling works by using tiny, vibrating needles that penetrate the skin that slightly injure the skin to plump in up from the inside out. Patients say it does not hurt, however, we provide you with a numbing solution prior to your treatment for ensured comfort.
What can I/can I not do after my treatment?
Micro-needling offers amazing benefits to getting and keeping your skin beautiful, but like any good skin procedure there are important aftercare instructions that you will need to follow to get the most out of your treatment.
Since micro-needling creates micro wounds in the skin, patients cannot return to their normal skincare routines right away. In fact, immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a mild to moderate sunburn, and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. Keep in mind, these effects are normal and they typically subside within a few hours after treatment, but can take up to 24-48 hours for complete resolution.
Continue to treat the skin gently for three days after microneedling, and you may resume your normal skin care routine after day three post-treatment.
- CLEAN – Use a gentle cleanser and tepid water to cleanse the face for 72 hours post-treatment, and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure your hands are clean when touching the treated area, and do not use a Clarisonic or other powered cleansing brushes for at least one week after your treatment.
- HEAL – We recommend serum antioxidants post-treatment, as its properties are ideal to help heal the skin by soothing and lessening irritation.
- HYDRATE – Following your treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient you can use to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance.
- STIMULATE – In the days following your treatment, and as the skin starts to regenerate, collagen-stimulating peptides are ideal to maximize the effects of the stimulation already started by the microneedling.
- MAKEUP – We recommend you do not apply makeup for 24 to 72 hours after the procedure. In addition, do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if the brush is not clean.
- PROTECT – Immediately after the procedure, your skin professional will apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB, SPF 25 or greater sunscreen to your skin. We recommend a chemical-free sunscreen. Keep in mind that you should continue to use a sunscreen everyday—not only the days following your procedure—as part of your skincare routine to protect your skin from sun damage and premature aging.
Additional after-care instructions:
- To ensure the proper healing environment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) scrubs or anything perceived as “active” skincare for one week post treatment.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 72 hours.
- No tanning beds.
- Always wear sunscreen.
- Do not go swimming for at least 72 hours post-treatment.
- Do not exercise or participate in strenuous activity for the first 72 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments in general are harmful and filled with bacteria, which may cause adverse reactions in your skin.
How much does Micro-Needling cost?
|Individual treatment for face, neck, or chest||.........$399|
|Add second area (neck or chest) to a single treatment area||.........$100|
|Package of 3||.........$999|
|Body treatments for the improvement of stretch marks and old scars:|
|All other areas||.........*pricing upon request|
|*Add Growth Factor Serums for accelerated healing and amplified results||.........$75|
|*Numbing provided for this service||.........45 min-1 hr is free!|