What is Latisse®?
Latisse® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% is indicated to treat hypotrichosis of the eyelashes by increasing their growth, including length, thickness, and darkness.
What are the important do’s and don’ts of using Latisse®?
- Do not apply to the lower lid or in the eye and blot excess solution with a tissue.
- Only use the sterile applicators supplied with Latisse® to apply the product.
- Don’t allow the tip of the bottle or applicator to touch fingers or any other unintended surface, as contamination by common bacteria is known to cause infections.
- Remove contact lenses prior to applying Latisse®. Contact lenses may be reinserted 15 minutes afterwards.
- Remember, if you stop using Latisse®, lashes will gradually return to their previous appearance.
What are the side effects of using Latisse®?
- Redness of the thin tissue over the white part of the eye (conjunctiva)
- Itchy, red eyes
- Dry eyes
- Darkened eyelids
- Darkened brown pigmentation in the colored part of the eye (iris)
- Hair growth around the eyes if the medication regularly runs or drips off the eyelids